Comedy for the Curious is the comedy chat show where curiosity and stand-up comedy are combined. Each show comprises of three very different stand-up comedy sets all around the topic at hand. Host Robyn Perkins uses comedy to explore the science behind the theme while the comedian guests take a more light-hearted approach.
The show also weaves in hysterical, personal (and often revealing!) chat while exploring the subject further and wraps up in our outrageously silly game that has you, the audience, compete against the comedians!
Comedy For The Curious Ticket
ON THE 3RD THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH! DOORS OPEN AT 7PM AND WE START AT 8PM. WE THEN RUN, WITH TWO BREAKS, UNTIL AROUND 10:30PM.
Comedy for the Curious is a unique comedy show where curiosity and stand-up comedy are combined. Now live and in person, the show sets out to answer some of life’s most interesting questions. Why are some people extroverted? Why do we like scary movies? What is better, Cats or Dogs? Strap in because this show has answers.
Each show comprises of three stand-up comedy sets that ponder the big topic at hand. The comedians then explore the subject further in a personal (and often revealing!) chat between them. The show wraps up with a silly game that pits the comics against the audience – for the ultimate prize (spoiler alert: it’s a coaster).
Comedy for the Curious has been running online for about a year and is now being delivered to live audiences. If you love comedy and have an inquisitive mind, this is the show for you.
Each month is hosted by comedian (and former scientist) Robyn Perkins, with two guest comedians (who are not scientists).
|19:00 - 23:00||£10.00|
Artista Cafe & Gallery, 42, Waterloo Street, Hove, BN31AY
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.